Hiring an eCommerce Website Design and Developer
You have a bricks and mortar shop on the high street selling your products, for the sake of this article let’s assume you are making handcrafted wooden gifts for home and garden. Your artisan crafts are in demand as you offer a personalised service too, customers visiting your store often ask “Have you got a website so we can order online and you can post to us? This would save us fuel and parking costs” and you have to wonder…
Fusionsoft UK – The Magento eCommerce Website Experts
How much does a Magento website cost? How much work do I have to do? What preparations will I need to make? Fusionsoft have compiled a few FAQ’s here, if you don’t have time to read this article you can pick up the phone and speak to their team on 01895 255 633, or send them a message via their Contact Form.
Ecommerce Website Hosting and Domain
It’s easy to explain – simply compare your mobile phone to a website when learning this new process.
A domain name is the web address of your website e.g. www.fusionsoft.co.uk (Just like a mobile phone number)
Website hosting (like EE) is keeping your mobile provider – one annual payment
Website development and design (This is like Apple iOS, and mobile games and apps) how pretty your website looks
The global platform Magento 2 is the system we recommend to design and manage your online store. The inventory is easy to learn, once your website is live we will train you to manage your reports, stock inventory and how to add new products and SKU identifying numbers. Magento is a highly regarded platform and can even manage multiple stores at once in different locations worldwide. It’s very flexible and powerful.
How Much Will My Magento eCommerce Website Cost?
There’s so many factors here it’s impossible to give a guide price as every website is unique. Here’s a short list of the most popular questions:
- Do you already have a live website?
- If not, have you already purchased a domain name?
- Have you already paid for a logo design and promotional banners?
- How many products do you have?
- How many categories do these products fit under?
- For each category page do you have content explaining how great your products are? The more words you use on these pages give you an advantage when ranking to Google page 1 (Referred to as SEO or Search Engine Optimisation)
- Do you have a cloud document detailing your social media accounts web addresses? (PInterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Home page: Do you have a large amount of web copy for the homepage to inform visitors exactly what you do, this also tells Search Engines how relevent your website is to search terms (A Search Engine is Bing, Google, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go etc)
Selling Effectively Online with SEO and Good Content
So now your new beautiful website is online! Remember we were talking about a fictitious wood craft company? If you write home page content saying “Welcome to our website! Thank you for visiting!” then this is what Google will read. Visitors only spend 4 seconds on a new website before figuring whether they want to spend or not, so make it clear exactly what you are selling.
Marketing Call To Action – How To Write Enticing Copy
Use positive words:
- Buy Online – this sends a message to the brain to grab your wallet.
- Buy Now – in a hurry? Buying today means quicker delivery. Very important in today’s impatient world.
- Free Delivery – to be honest, anything free. Free is such a great sales word, everyone likes something for free don’t they? It could be something small like a car air freshener, a tube of sweets, insoles for new shoes, for wooden crafts you could offer free personalised engraving or burned in words.
- Established 1990 – If you can demonstrate your business is over 10 years old this instills more trust and confidence than a newly formed company
- Total Years Experience – This is a great one. If you have 4 members of staff each with 15 years experience in crafting wood gifts and carpentry, and you yourself has 25 then you can proudly declare your company has a total of 85 years’ experience.
Fusionsoft Offer Free 12 Months Hosting With Every eCommerce Website
See what we did there? Begin your online selling journey and tell them what kind of designs and colour scheme you have in mind by speaking to their design team on 01895 255 633.