SEO Freelancer Costs UK – Google Ranking Prices
It’s funny how SEO and Digital managed agencies are coy about their website costs, isn’t it? As a freelancer I’m so much more flexible than any web agency, for a start I don’t legally tie you down to a 12 month contract.
As a sole trader, I understand the budget constraints of similar businesses. From dog trainers to global training schemes; my company was founded in 2008 and I’m celebrating 50 years of age in 2021. I’m here to stay as I prove time and time again my methods work.
SEO Freelancer vs Digital Managed Agency Team
This is where the 2 roles are night and day. A digital agency team will focus on backlinks, whereby I SEO superior quality content that’s unique and handwritten. Oh, then there’s the cost!
You would pay an agency between £700-£1,500/month and they tart up your website design to impress you with super photos and scrolling design. A freelance SEO will focus on the compromise between flashy website graphics and providing relevant content for Google and Bing/Yahoo.
WordPress and Shopify Ecommerce
Turn your underperforming eCommerce website on Shopify or WordPress into a revenue-busting sales machine with monthly SEO services. I offer SEO copywriting services including on-page coding in my 10-point regime.
Writing content for eCommerce SEO – Keywords and Search Phrase focus
Decide what phrase you want to target and keyword order (most important first) Home page should have 500 words MINIMUM. Your Category/Collection/Blog/Pages should have 500 words MINIMUM – for Google skyscraper content the blog posts need to be over 1,000 words. Read my other blog post: How long does it take to write 1,000 words for SEO?
Now you have chosen your target phrase for Google ranking, remember the next 2 important content guidelines:
URL / Page Title / H1 header should have keywords first as Google views the keywords at the beginning of the Title Tag and Header as the most important. Do not use your brand name.
Avoid using your brand name – the point of SEO is to attract people to your site who don’t know your company. If they do know your brand they will find you anyway on Google!
- The page title – and the URL www.seolady.co.uk/small-business-seo/seo-training-somerset. This is referred to as an SEO-friendly URL with the most important keywords first
- Best practices say your Meta Title should be 70 characters or less in length
- Your H1 should feature your target search phrase and Geographical area at the beginning. Only one H1 per page.
- Your meta description is between 150 and 160 characters in length for optimal SERPs
- Your meta description will be written in a sales and enticing manner, what do you offer that’s for free? End in your phone number.
- A headline and sub headers – Multiple H2, one or more H3 depending on length
- Use Alt tags on images, you can go back and add them in retrospectively
- Alt tags should have keywords first and brand name last – in order of importance
- Keyword rich text – Content is King, write for readers, not Google, avoid repeating keywords/ Blog posts should have skyscraper content of 1,000+ words.
- (WordPress and Shopify) tags and categories in blog posts, no character limit that I know of.
Further reading: 10 Winning Ways to Write Compelling Content for eCommerce
What’s a Featured Snippet Look Like? How Much Does It Cost?
It’s free! the content required for a featured snippet means humungous work with creating exciting new & unique content, a slapping call-to-action, and at least 1,500 words. Then there are images and a YouTube video (remember Google owns YouTube) it’s a multi-faceted approach that requires a few hours and good collaboration.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skyscraper Content – 1,00 words or more – An SEO freelancer will write awesome Google page 12 content for £90-£250 per page (between 2 hours and 5 hours with unique content and 1,000 words+).
An agency won’t charge you; or provide a cheap copywriting service for £25/page. You get what you pay for, 250 words of tosh and generic script.
SEO Freelancer Prices and Costs 2021
Here’s a brief roadmap of your SEO journey and cost breakdown:
- Initial SEO audit and Google Consultation – £70
- 30 Day SEO Booster – £500 with content provided or £700 flat fee with content included
- Monthly ongoing eCommerce SEO – £360 booked as 2 half days a month (2 x 4 hour sessions)
- Local SEO geographical radius targeting (non eCommerce) villages/towns/cities from £100
In summary, a local services website geographically targeting towns and one city will be £100-£150/month after our consultations and 30 Day SEO Booster.
- £70 for a 90-minute consultations. Agencies will give this for free.
- £500 for my exclusive 30 day SEO Booster with exclusive Video SEO
- Ongoing monthly: from £100, to mtach your budget
WordPress, Magento 2 and Shopify eCommerce websites:
- £70 for a 90 minute consultations. Agencies will give this for free.
- £700 for my exclusive 30 day SEO Booster with exclusive Video SEO and content written by myself targeting the keywords and search phrases we agreed in writing
- Ongoing monthly: Fixed fee = 2x half days [4 hours] so 8 hours per month = £360
- Your 8 hours can be redeemed for any digital marketing services you desire, most clients prefer – Unlimited telephone consultations every month, or scheduled Zoom video calls. Content writing/on-page SEO and off-page content marketing [press releases/blogs/video seo] Ad-hoc Google Analytics reporting and casual Google Ads observations.
I’ve got 12 years SEO agency exposure under my belt, so I know how much profit margin SEO Agencies cost versus being self-employed. Agencies naturally demand higher overheads than a sole trader like myself working from my home office supervised by Ozzie.
You can communicate with me in more ways than any agency – I regularly chat with my clients over Whatsapp, Skype messaging, Zoom video conferencing, Telephone consultations, and of course email support with 24 hour guaranteed response for website hacking/down/breaking.
Benefits of hiring a SEO Freelancer – SEO and Digital Marketing Agencies staff members are on financial incentives both team and individual bonuses every month. You’ll be getting a comparable service from myself, as a responsive individual, than waiting for a Team Member to return your call or answer your email.