SEO Freelancer Costs UK – Google Ranking PricesIt’s funny how SEO and Digital managed agencies are coy about their website costs, isn’t it? As a freelancer I’m so much more flexible than any web agency, for a start I don’t legally tie you down to a 12 month contract.As a sole trader, I understand the budget constraints of similar businesses. From dog trainers to global training schemes; my company was founded in 2008 and I’m celebrating 50 years of age in 2021. I’m here to stay as I prove time and time again my methods work.
SEO Freelancer vs Digital Managed Agency TeamThis is where the 2 roles are night and day. A digital agency team will focus on backlinks, whereby I SEO superior quality content that’s unique and handwritten. Oh, then there’s the cost!You would pay an agency between £700-£1,500/month and they tart up your website design to impress you with super photos and scrolling design. A freelance SEO will focus on the compromise between flashy website graphics and providing relevant content for Google and Bing/Yahoo.
WordPress and Shopify Ecommerce SEO Freelancer Prices 2021Here’s a brief roadmap of your SEO journey and cost breakdown:
- Initial SEO audit and Google Consultation – £70 with an introduction to SEO basics to learn a few tips over Zoom screen sharing. Google Analytics and Search console setup included. Most digital agencies fail my Google audit!
- 30 Day SEO Booster – £500 with content provided or £700 flat fee with content included. Please note: Additional SEO training hours can only be booked once the Booster schedule is complete.
- Monthly ongoing eCommerce SEO – £360 booked as 2 half days a month (2 x 4 hour sessions) – Your 8 hours can be redeemed for any digital marketing services you desire, most clients prefer – Monthly telephone catchups, or mail Q&A . Content writing/on-page SEO and off-page content marketing [press releases/blogs/Video SEO Backlinks] Ad-hoc Google Analytics reporting. Please note: No SEO training.
Writing content for eCommerce SEO – Keywords and Search Phrase focusDecide what phrase you want to target and keyword order (most important first) Home page should have 500 words MINIMUM. Your Category/Collection/Blog/Pages should have 500 words MINIMUM – for Google skyscraper content the blog posts need to be over 1,000 words. Read my other blog post: How long does it take to write 1,000 words for SEO?Now you have chosen your target phrase for Google ranking, remember the next 2 important content guidelines:URL / Page Title / H1 header should have keywords first as Google views the keywords at the beginning of the Title Tag and Header as the most important. Do not use your brand name.Avoid using your brand name – the point of SEO is to attract people to your site who don’t know your company. If they do know your brand they will find you anyway on Google!
- The page title – and the URL www.seolady.co.uk/small-business-seo/seo-training-somerset. This is referred to as an SEO-friendly URL with the most important keywords first
- Best practices say your Meta Title should be 70 characters or less in length
- Your H1 should feature your target search phrase and Geographical area at the beginning. Only one H1 per page.
- Your meta description is between 150 and 160 characters in length for optimal SERPs
- Your meta description will be written in a sales and enticing manner, what do you offer that’s for free? End in your phone number.
- A headline and sub headers – Multiple H2, one or more H3 depending on length
- Use Alt tags on images, you can go back and add them in retrospectively
- Alt tags should have keywords first and brand name last – in order of importance
- Keyword rich text – Content is King, write for readers, not Google, avoid repeating keywords/ Blog posts should have skyscraper content of 1,000+ words.
- (WordPress and Shopify) tags and categories in blog posts, no character limit that I know of.
What’s a Featured Snippet Look Like? How Much Does It Cost?It’s free! the content required for a featured snippet means humungous work with creating exciting new & unique content, a slapping call-to-action, and at least 1,500 words. Then there are images and a YouTube video (remember Google owns YouTube) it’s a multi-faceted approach that requires a few hours and good collaboration. Are you up for the challenge?Skyscraper Content – 1,00 words or more – An SEO freelancer will write awesome Google page 12 content for £90-£250 per page (between 2 hours and 5 hours with unique content and 1,000 words+).An agency won’t charge you; or provide a cheap copywriting service for £25/page. You get what you pay for, 250 words of tosh and generic script.In summary, a local services website geographically targeting towns and one city will be £100-£150/month after our consultations and 30 Day SEO Booster.
- £70 for a 90-minute consultations. Agencies will give this for free.
- £500 for my exclusive 30 day SEO Booster with exclusive Video SEO
- Ongoing monthly: from £100, to match your budget
DIY SEO Tips and eCommerce On-Page SEO Content Writing Advice
Share your website address with me to begin
Zoom SEO Consulations
Relax – I talk your language and have been delivering training sessions since 2009.
I deliver UX advice, honest critique and identify areas for improvement.
Which of the following applies to you?
- Google position bombing or stagnant rankings
- Competitor stalking – why are they better than me?
- New website under 3 months old, what’s next, what can I do?
- Loads of eCommerce website hits but comparatively few sales
- Looking to learn DIY SEO content writing and need guidance
I will audit your website in Google Search Console and Analytics and create a Cloud document that we can both view and edit in advance of us speaking in person.
I will prepare a list of observations and formulate a tailor-made plan of action for discussion. Book in a 60-90 informal chat and discussion over the phone or Skype/Zoom. Following our session, I will provide a list of homework points as a plan of action, plus you have the option to take advantage of 24 hours email Q&A support from me.
Google Analytics explained – I don’t know what I don’t know.
My method is to work backwards from your goal – for example
► How many people come to my website from a specific website or source
► I need to understand how to convert my traffic better, my sales are low
► How do I see what keywords people use to visit my site
► Your website is on Google page 4 and you desperately need to improve
► A brand new website not even in the first 10 pages of Google
► Old domain that’s a few years old but has never ranked
► Please explain how to maximise my use of meta titles, description and H1 headers
► I have bought SEO services from overseas and my site has dropped
► Bad backlinks have resulted in my website disappearing from search results
I want to change my domain, or migrate a WIX website to WordPress.
I’m on Yell/Hibu and need an effective website built from scratch for local services.
I just want to learn the SEO basics in a one-off Zoom consultation, I need to research what are the best keywords and search terms to target.
► Allowing me access to your Google Analytics & Search Console data
► I will create a Google Drive cloud document so we can both view/edit at the same time
► You describe your problem and I’ll work to fix it
► Analysis of visitor data / Keyword discussion based on your initial ideas
► You will be provided with follow-on homework during our session to complete
24 Hour follow on support included over email
WordPress Developers: An SEO Agency Experience
- An old domain that was ranking was changed for a new domain because of a change in business model. No 301 was put in place
- The old domain was not verified in Search Console using the Meta Tag method
- No Alt tags were on any of the 150 photos
- No keywords in H1 header on homepage – no geographical areas simply “Welcome to my website”
- No blog on WordPress, no tags or categories
- No reports, no agreed keywords or search phrases, no traffic reports, just a sales rep on the phone saying they were ‘building citations and backlinks using off page SEO’
- Client had no way of knowing what results looked like with zero KPI’s
- Client was locked in to a 12 month legal contract