SEO Booster – Shopify WordPress eCommerce Consultant Freelancer Bristol, Somerset and UK Nationwide
It’s not just a matter of paying me for month’s wages of dedicated SEO and Digital Management work – you will need to contribute too. Would you like to learn “On the job” SEO whilst I carry out the bulk load of tasks? No, too busy to learn a new skill? Some of my clients pay me to work in the background, and other business owners relish the chance to expand their SEO knowledge.
My exclusive 30 Day SEO Booster was first conceived in 2008, and to keep up with Google’s ever-changing algotithm it evolves once or twice a year. You know that you are getting bang up to date SEO services, priced at £1,000 that’s less than half the price of any Digital Agency. The other positive factor that sets a freelancer apart from an agency is that there’s no 12 month contract from the start. Oh, and the 3rd benefit is that my work hours are outside 9am-5pm. The downside of this could be that I’ll be texting you at 6am chasing your homework for the schedule.
When you hire me to be your Digital Marketing Manager for one month, there’s no getting away from me for 30 days.
- What’s involved in your Booster Nina?
- Do you just want an important question answered in a 20 minute quick chat?
- Book me online now and schedule in a telephone call.
30 Day SEO Booster £70 Refund Offer
Some clients say “Just get on with it Nina” and other clients want to learn what I do along the way – which type are you?
Book an hour-long Zoom consultation with me this week, you will have scrambled eggs for brain by the time I have blown your mind. All for an incredible set price of £70. When you onboard as a client, you will receive a *£70 discount on your 30 Day SEO Booster invoice. *When booked within 3 months of your Zoom consultation.
eCommerce SEO WordPress, Shopify and Magento 2 ExpertIf you haven’t heard of an SEO Roadmap before, it’s an expression coined to illustrate your website ranking journey and the milestones that are laid out as the months pass. With eCommerce I’m most experienced with WordPress, Magento 2 and Shopify, with time served on most eCommerce CMS platforms in my decades long career. Recently I have ranked a Kajabi website to Google page 1 for video courses, so my methods apply across all professional platforms. Here’s a brief roadmap of your SEO journey and cost breakdown:
- Initial £70 SEO audit and Google Consultation
- 30 Day SEO Booster (You are here)
- Monthly ongoing eCommerce SEO UK Nationwide, throughout Great Britain and beyond
- Local Google ranking SEO geographical radius targeting (non eCommerce) villages/towns/cities
How Long Will It Take To Hit Google Page 1?
I worked for Funky Pigeon www.funkypigeon.com the personalised cards website and it took me 11 months to get them to Google page 1 (UK / National) for the 2 words “Personalised cards” and to beat Moonpig in rankings, and this was as an employee at 40 hours per week.
Local SEO is a much quicker win … are you aiming for geographical targeting or UK Nationwide?
Google page 1 depends on whether you are a local business or a UK national website, and the budget you have to invest on a monthly basis. Additionally, if you are looking for SEO in London you will definitely need a monthly investment as a follow on.
I do like to journal every success story, and when I have time I publish documentation and proof of Google success – read my latest WordPress SEO Case Study which includes eCommerce revenue figures. We all like to talk about KPI’s and ROI, don’t we?
SEO Consultant Freelance SEO Methods – How I’m Different
The way I work is different to large agencies, I carry out a lot of work in 30 days then once this is in place we can agree on the number of hours you would like to hire me for.
Once one keyword is ranking to your satisfaction, we stop working on that keyword and add a new keyword to the list of 3. The keywords will be agreed upon by both parties in writing before SEO starts.
The first month will be a higher cost as implementation for a new website requires around 25 hours work over 30 days, upon completion a regular monthly maintenance plan will lower the cost considerably. Each month there will be a keyword report and a Google Analytics traffic report, together with on-call support throughout the agreement.
Important note: Google page 1 is always the aim of Search Engine Optimisation, however, there is no indication of timescales and no predictions or promises can be made from any SEO company with regards to predictions of keyword rankings.
Websites that are brand new are always at a disadvantage as Google measures trust – a domain has more trust naturally when it reaches 2 years of age. SEO work on brand new websites will take 6-12 months to accelerate their trust ranking rank in Google and there is never any prediction or timescales of Google page 1.
Monthly SEO Costs – What’s Included ?
This part is flexible.
SEO on a monthly agreement is hiring me from 8 hours a month, I discovered the winning technique by offering block bookings as 2 half days at 4 hours per session. As you are paying me for 8 hours, if you wanted a 1 hour Zoom call to discuss new search phrases and keywords, that’s cool. If you want to set aside extra hours to work on Video SEO and less on organic SEO (useful for clients with active YouTube clients) then that’s also agreeable.
Remember, you will always need new unique, content for your website pages and/or blog posts so you can relax and leave that to me.
- Number 1 priority – On-page SEO and content. Usually, blog articles. Depending on your budget the content will be provided by yourself or I’m happy to offer SEO Content Writing services as part of your fee to write blog articles on your behalf
- How long does it take to write an article – Anywhere between 2 hours and 4 hours depending on the word count
- WordPress: Yoast manual SEO optimisation, H1/H2’s/Alt tags/internal linking
- Local SEO and eCommerce: Blog tags and categories, alt tags on images.
- Internal linking with anchor text. Anchor text needs to be using words in your search phrases – example – Read my SEO Reviews
- Google Search Console tasks – URL inspection on new pages/blog articles
30 Day SEO Booster Schedule – Roadmap and Tasks
- Agree keywords / phrases to target. Benchmark.
- Verify in Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster / Yahoo
- Link Google Search Console and Google Analytics Profile
- Filter IP addresses for traffic exclusion
- 301 canonical check
- Add XML sitemap to Google and Bing
- Submit a crawl request to Google (Site healthcheck)
- Submit a crawl request to Bingbot (Site healthcheck)
- Meta titles, description and keywords tweaked for SEO and visitor experience
- H1 and H2 Headers tweaked for SEO and visitor experience
- Home page text should be 250-400 words – client to provide – I will rewrite for search engines together with H1 and H2 Headers tweaked for SEO
- Bolt-on SEO content writing services available (ask for prices)
- The SEO Booster does not include training. I am happy to provide learning resources to support you via email with your questions during the 30 day period.
- Before we begin work we both check rankings and add to a spreadsheet, then after 30 days we can see the improvement and have a more accurate idea of the number of hours per month is required to rank you higher – this is why I can’t provide you with an ongoing cost until the first 30 days are over.
Google Analytics Tailored Dashboard
- Adding a Google Analytics dashboard for at-a-glance view (Bespoke)
- Unique visitors from SEO
- Top keyword (non-branded)
- Keywords related to your company
- Search engines used: Google Bing etc
- Top viewed pages from SEO
- Cities finding your website through search
Video SEO - White Hat backlinks from YouTube (Google owns YouTube) plus other movie sharing websites.
I am not aware of any digital agency or SEO individual which deploys VSEO.
This method was first tested by myself in 2011
Google Business and YouTube Backlinks (VSEO) VIDEO SEO
- Create and verify a YouTube account, backlink and I’ll provide a slideshow video using your company images and logo
- Use Google My Business to post about your website, local news, articles etc
- Create a Google Blogger article with multiple links back to your site
- SEO optimise one YouTube video title, description, keywords and link back to any webpage
- Submit the approved video to 10 video sharing websites around the world
- Provide a spreadsheet detailing the exact locations and backlinks to your movie online
WORDPRESS BLOG SCULPTING
- Up to 5 published blog posts retro SEO’d with Tags and Categories, H1/H2, internal linking
- Up to 100 images with ALT tags created, keyword rich with target search terms
SEO Reporting and support
- Social Media Engagement and Google Analytics Traffic Reporting
- Keyword reporting
- Month end reporting, organic keywords, traffic and sources in Analytics
- Ad-hoc email support, answering your specific questions
- Training, Tuition and Explainer sessions are not included and are chargeable at £45/hour, bookable with 5 working day’s notice in advance
- Here’s my list of favourite SEO Teaching Rescources online
There’s lots of reason why people want an SEO Booster, quicker rankings with a bulk load of work is the usual case. Business owners with new websites with no search engine optimisation nor backlinks are happy to learn that there’s no contract with my SEO lady Booster – it’s a one off dedicated campaign over one month so you’re not being tied into a monthly fee for 12 months, plus as a freelancer and a sole trader you know there’s only going to be one point of contact, and that’s myself.
Google Booster Ranking Search Phrases – Why KPI Benchmarking is Essential Before SEO
I’m utterly gobsmacked by the number of clients that I speak with (from local lawn care sole traders to larger-scale medium businesses including Digital Agencies) who have either tried DIY SEO themselves or have hired an SEO without agreeing KPI’s or benchmarking search phrases in Google before Search Engine Optimisation work starts.
I think that’s like buying a racehorse from Auto Trader and being disappointed when they don’t win any horse races or have a Return On Investment from spending their dosh.
In my experience, Digital Agencies hire freelancers like myself to work on their behalf on an ad-hoc basis. A high 95% of Digital Agencies offer Google and Bing ranking services on their websites yet they only act and try to hire one when they have a client enquire about costs.
Funnily enough I work with a fair number of agencies every year and they ignore basic SEO techniques on their own website, including the common “Create :: Inspire :: Connect” home page H1 headline. If you don’t know what I’m referring to I wrote a blog about on-page SEO mistakes here, from top to bottom page architecture and homepage errors that come up repeatedly.
A large section of my SEO work with this Booster and also with ongoing monthly SEO is by adding content with a clear sales call to action. Adding a strong call to action, or offering something for free lowers your bounce rate, increases a visit time on site (per page, blog post), this all works towards increasing your conversion rates and boosting your turnover.
Conversions (email enquiries or sales) can be tracked easily in Google Analytics. With email enquiries it’s as simple as adding a ‘Thank you’ page once someone has sent a message and tracking the URL.
With eCommerce sales this needs a developer to setup the coding to install, test, and verify the figures are correct – you have sold 3 pairs of shoes this week and can verify this comparing Google Analytics data with your stock levels.
“It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” — Jeff Eisenberg.
SEO Booster Shopping List – Keywords and Benchmarking in Google
Before SEO work can commence, a list of keywords and geographical areas is required. These phrases will be searched for in Google to benchmark before work is carried out. To be honest when people ask me to “Can you just look at my website and tell me what’s wrong with it quickly?” I know we’re 50/50 whether we are going to work together. Please understand it’s not that simple.
- If I tell you what’s wrong with your website you won’t understand in 20 minutes. If you have been reading search ranking articles online and think you’ve got a good idea then I will gently test you. I need to establish a common ground to communicate effectively with words that you understand.
- The gentle test is simply to ask “What do you want people to type into Google to find your website”
This is actually one of my favourite questions: What search phrases do you want to target in Google and which geographical areas? Here are some of the phrases I would expect:
- Local Services: “Plumber in Bristol” “Hairdresser in South London” “Wood Floor Restoration Bristol”
- eCommerce UK Nationwide: “Epson printer ink cartridges” “British Wallpaper Designer” “Glass office partitions UK”
Target Search Terms and Keywords for Google – Do You Know Yours?What you are going to read next are actual, true responses from clients past and present. What Google search terms do you want?
- EVERYTHING!! (They are a welding company in Leicester) we are still working together in 2020
- Excuse me, I thought that was your job to tell me (B2B startup with a unique product with nothing similar online. Had not paid me.)
- Jewellery. Scarves. Handmade Cards. Just those, I think. (The client expected Google page 1 results UK Nationwide with a one-off 30 day Booster with no follow on work)
- I haven’t really thought of that (many, many clients)
SEO Content Writing – Homepage and Blog postWhat do I need for this project? SEO Shopping List
- Your hi-res logo and a selection of images (between 5-10) for Video SEO Backlinks
- Search phrases agreed in advance and benchmarked in Google before work starts
- CMS login (WordPress/Magento/Shopify)
- Access to your Google Analytics and Search Console data
- Homepage content and a new blog post each with 500 minimum –1,000 words for SEO skyscraper content
6 Questions for an SEO Cost Quotation
- How old is the domain? What is the domain address?
- How long ago was the website first launched?
- Have you had any previous SEO work carried out?
- When people use Google what search phrases would you like clients to use to find your website?
- Do you rank in Google already for any of these search phrases?
- What top 3 geographical areas are you wanting to target?